In many important circles 2014 is being referred to as the year of fintech and the momentum has carried into 2015. We all know about the likes of LendingClub’s IPO in December, the growth of ApplePay, and the ever-increasing pace of fintech M&A activity. As these huge developments capture headlines, perhaps a better indication of the future of fintech is the blossoming network of high quality fintech specific events, conferences and meetup groups aimed at early-stage startups and entrepreneurs. These are the birthplaces for real innovation, fostering the grassroots ecosystem that will allow fintech to thrive.
The Financial Solutions Lab team has spent much of the last year entrenching itself in this community – attending, sponsoring, speaking at nearly 20 events across the country, and meeting hundreds of entrepreneurs – and we plan to play a big part in how the fintech ecosystem evolves in the future.
Over the next few months as the Lab continues to build its community, we will be criss-crossing the country sponsoring and attending events. Mark your calendars and come network with our team at the following events:
- March 11, New York City, March FinTech Startups Meetup – Panel
- March 11, New Orleans, Financial Solutions Lab Networking Happy Hour
- March 12, Oakland, Village Capital’s FinTech Forum
- March 16, Austin, Fintech Cocktails with the Financial Solutions Lab at SXSW
- March 24, San Francisco, The Role of Fintech in Financial Inclusion
- April 7, New York City, FinTech Startups Conference
- And sign up for our newsletter for important updates and other event invitations.
Stay engaged with the FinTech community.
Join the Financial Solutions Lab email list and get regular access to the latest insights in innovation and be among the first to learn about the Lab’s next challenge!